Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A chance.

I don't usually post my lyrics or poems because they are usually quite private, but I've decided that maybe I will share a few, even if nobody reads them, atleast I get them out there, out of me. This is just a rough draft. More needs to be added, bare with me.

               I hear your voice it's everywhere. I'm leaving now, but you don't care. I know there's such thing as happiness, maybe while I'm alone I will find it. (Instrumental)
               Inspiration comes with bliss, but my lyrics fly when I'm a mess.   I hear their whispers in the room, I know the story that they tell, I know this story far too well..
                                                                        (Instrumental)
                After all this time, it stays on my mind. I fight it off, but it strikes hard when my gaurd is down. After all this time you 'd think that I'd be fine? There are things happening, things I'm too caught up in to see. All the things that were eating away, I feel no justice has been served, My bitterness gets in the way, My bitterness clouds my soul. (Instrumental)  
                You can find a simpleness, but not unless you look for it. I never see it when it's staring me in the face, because all my past is still in the way. I hear the whispers calling me. I try to talk but instead I sing. My voice fills the air. You shut me out, but I don't care

-Emily Elizabeth Linford. (CR) meaning please do not copy.

              .

No comments:

Post a Comment